Requires US Citizenship
Employment Term and Type: Regular, Full Time
Required Security Clearance: TS
Required Education: Bachelors
FGS, LLC is seeking a self-motivated Senior Network Engineer with experience in direct client technical leadership for Enterprise IT Networks supporting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The respective candidate will oversee a Government project supporting a Network Platform analysis implementation and will liaise with the vendor and direct client on post-sales technical issues. The role requires advising and guiding as the subject matter expert to ensure successful ongoing usage and adoption of the new technology.
The seasoned Senior Network Engineer will work directly with Government clients and be responsible for building and analyzing customer solutions. This is a tremendous opportunity to work with a national organization and participate in the deployment of the next generation network solutions. Ideal candidates will have well-rounded knowledge of network design and network security. The incumbent will work closely with Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Application services teams to capture and ensure the functionality of the platform mirrors operational configurations and practices by building a software copy of the entire network infrastructure for both on-prem and cloud.requirements and goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Network Engineer role will provide solution knowledge and expertise to clients, utilizing familiarity of infrastructure technology interdependencies. Responsible for end to end solution lifecycle of enterprise network solutions to include the architecture, design, integration and testing to map, verify, search and predict network behavior. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and guidance as the Forward Networks subject matter expert to ensure successful ongoing usage and adoption of technologies
- Take ownership of technical issues, working with cross-functional teams to document problem resolution steps and troubleshooting procedures
- Work directly with vendor’s internal Product Management and Engineering teams to share knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve customer's success
- Walk customers through the adoption and usage of the Forward Network’s Platform
- Build customer project plans and document best practices and scalable, repeatable processes
- Develop metrics and reporting to understand key customer needs and trends.
- Undertake education from Forward Networks to incorporate into usage across functions and processes, and provide training on new technology to engineering colleagues
- Develop and perform demonstrations of technical solution
- Develop metrics and reporting to understand key customer needs and trends. Create deliverables outlining data driven metrics to showcase value
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in IT, and at least 3 years of experience in project management
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent education
- Top Secret Clearance required. High Sensitivity Public Trust adjudication will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Network Engineer for a large enterprise service provider or Government Agency
- Strong understanding of Network and Security Fundamentals and experience working with multiple Network vendors (e.g. Arista, Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks, etc.)
- Strong cross-platform technical background including virtualization platforms, cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.), network monitoring and other operational tools and practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with a focus on needs analysis; Superior presentation skills
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment
Physical and Environmental Conditions of the Position:
- One or more of the following certificates: CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE or VCDX
- Previous experience with Customs and Border Protection networks
- Working knowledge of API driven workflows and scripting languages (Python, bash, jq, graphql, etc.)
- LINUX Operating System experience
This position description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. This and all positions are eligible for organization-wide transfer. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Ability to sit 70% of the time.
- Ability to communicate with government clients, product vendor and company senior management 100% of the time.
- Position requires travel 10% of the time.
FGS, LLC is an international, leading edge provider of technical services to include Secure Information Systems, Security and Engineering and Intelligence Analysis. Our turn-key solutions include the design, engineering, deployment operations, and sustainment of secure technology and critical infrastructure for the protection and safety of our customers' mission-critical information, processes and personnel. Demonstrating an unyielding commitment to our customers, superior trust and dedication with our partners, and leading edge technical expertise over the past seven years, FGS has experienced explosive growth providing superior services through the world, from North America and the Pacific Rim, to the Middle East and Europe.
FGS provides secure, leading edge technology and process management services to military, Government and commercial clients worldwide.
FGS offers a generous compensation package including health, dental, vision, 401(k), group life insurance, educational reimbursement, among other benefits.
We value our employees and strive to offer many opportunities for professional growth.
FGS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability